Release - GA (v1.0.0)¶
To install or upgrade the SDK, refer to instructions here.
New & Improved¶
- Added support for a CLI configuration file to specify default options for
dvpcommands. More details here.
Improved speed and scalability of plugin operations:
- Reduced startup time for plugin operations from seconds to milliseconds.
- Improved memory utilization on the Delphix Engine to enable a large number of plugin operations to execute in parallel.
Added the ability for plugins to raise user visible messages with a custom message, action and output related to a failure during a plugin operation. Refer to the User Visible Errors section for more details.
- Improved validation for type and range checks for autogenerated classes.
- Improved security for the plugin's runtime when executed on the Delphix Engine.
- Removed the Delphix Engine feature flag
PYTHON_TOOLKITSas the Delphix Engine supports plugins built on the SDK by default. The Getting Started section has been updated has well.
The following fields in the Plugin Config were renamed:
plugin_idis now required to be a UUID with a format:
- Updated remote host operations to execute as the RemoteUser specfied instead of the primary environment user.
- Fixed an incorrect user exception when the required plugin operation
- Updated run_expect to return an
stderrlike other platform library functions.
- Fixed run_powershell to not automatically redirect
- Ensured that all exceptions raised by the Staged Linked Source Worker plugin operation are converted to faults for the user.
- Enabled the MountSpecification to be constructed with
mountsthat refer to different environments.
- Sanitized the Python stack traces from exceptions during plugin execution and removed paths that reference where the plugin was built.
- Removed a spurious build warning for
DIRECTplugins that incorrectly suggested implementing the Staged Linked Source Mount Specification plugin operation.
- Removed a spurious message
global name 'exit' is not definedwhich was displayed when a plugin library function failed.
manualDiscoveryto be optional in the Plugin Config. The default value will be