Release - Early Preview 2 (v0.4.0)¶
To install or upgrade the SDK, refer to instructions here.
New & Improved¶
- Added a new CLI command download-logs to enable downloading plugin generated logs from the Delphix Engine.
Added an optional argument named
checkto the following platform library functions:
check=true, the platform library function checks the
exit_codeand raises an exception if it is non-zero.
Modified init to auto-generate default implementations for all required plugin operations.
- Improved build validation for:
Improved runtime validation and error messages for:
Added support for Docker based plugins by specifying
rootSquashEnabled: falsein the plugin config.
- Added Job and thread information to plugin generated log messages to increase diagnosability and observability.
A new argument
snapshot_parameterswas added to the following staged plugin operations:
This argument will allow the end user to indicate to the plugin whether or not to initiate a full ingestion for a dSource. More details about the new argument are here.
Properties of the StagedSource class were modified:
connectionwas renamed to
staged_connectionwas added to allow connecting to the staging environment.
This will enable plugins to connect to both the source and staging environments. More details about these properties are here.
- Allow access to nested package resources via
- Fixed Out of Memory exceptions.
Fixed missing or incorrectly populated properties for the following classes:
Class Properties VirtualSource
Updated Job warnings during discovery to display the underlying Python exceptions if one is raised by the plugin operations.
- Recreate the plugin's log directory if a plugin is deleted and re-uploaded to the Delphix Engine.
- Mark incorrectly provisioned VDBs as unusable and prevent subsequent Delphix Engine operations on such VDBs.
- Better error messages when incorrect environment types are used for Platform Libraries.
- Better error messages when a plugin's schema is updated and the plugin is re-uploaded to the Delphix Engine, with clear instructions on how to proceed.
- Fixed build failures on Windows.